More than $100,000 was awarded to local nonprofits through Empower Polk 2019.
LAKELAND, FL (June 14, 2019) – The GiveWell Community Foundation is excited to announce that $101,066.17 has been awarded to 25 nonprofit organizations through the Empower Polk 2019 grant cycle.
Established in 2018, Empower Polk is an annual competitive grant program of the GiveWell Community Foundation with the goal of empowering local nonprofit organizations to become more efficient and sustainable. Empower Polk is available by invitation-only. Currently, only nonprofit organizations who have established an agency fund within GiveWell Community Foundation are invited to apply. Learn more about Agency Funds here.
For the 2019 grant cycle, Empower Polk grants helped fund projects and improvements that will have lasting impact on these organizations. The following organizations received Empower Polk 2019 funding:
- Achievement Academy
- Alliance for Independence
- Central Florida Speech and Hearing Center
- Circle of Friends Ministry, Inc.
- Cornerstone Hospice Foundation
- Family Literacy Academy at Lake Wales
- Gospel Inc.
- Imperial Symphony Orchestra
- Lakeland Choral Society Inc
- Lakeland Community Theatre, Inc.
- Lakeland Volunteers in Medicine
- Learning Resource Center of Polk County
- Lighthouse Ministries, Inc.
- Meals on Wheels of Polk County
- Parker Street Ministries, Inc.
- Peace River Center
- Polk Education Foundation
- SPCA Florida
- Talbot House Ministries of Lakeland, Inc.
- Theatre Winter Haven
- Volunteers in Service to the Elderly (VISTE)
- Bonnet Springs Park
- Women’s Resource Center of Florida, Inc.
Donate to Empower Polk
Empower Polk grants are made possible by contributions made to the GWCF Grant Committee Unrestricted Fund and 100% of all contributions go directly towards empowering local nonprofits. GWCF fundholders may request a grant to Empower Polk from their donor advised fund. Online donations can be made here.
Visit our YouTube channel to learn how Empower Polk grants are empowering local nonprofits.