How to apply for funding from the United Community Relief Fund (Second Round)
LAKELAND, FL (July 24, 2020) – GiveWell Community Foundation and United Way of Central Florida are pleased to offer a second round of Request for Proposals (RFP) from the United Community Relief Fund (UCRF). This Fund is created to aid community organizations working on the frontlines, engaging and supporting individuals impacted by COVID-19 and facing an unprecedented demand on resources. This RFP addresses priorities as listed below:
Priority for Round 2 of this RFP is funding organizations serving vulnerable populations through human service programs including:
- Child Care/Adult Care Assistance
- Food Distribution
- Emergency Needs (as related to COVID-19)
Applications should address gaps in services and increase capacity of organizations to meet basic needs of vulnerable clients relating to the COVID-19 Crisis.
Grants from the United Community Relief Fund will be available only to non-profit organizations qualified as 501(c)(3) a public charity by the IRS as tax exempt, serving Polk, Highlands, and Hardee Counties only. Grants will be administered through the United Way of Central Florida to qualified nonprofit organizations.
- Grants will be awarded to applicants with the proven capacity to:
- Show organization sustainability
- Carry out requested project to completion
- Show a connection with providers to obtain necessary resources (e.g. if you are seeking funds to provide supplies, please demonstrate that you have access to a provider for the products).
- Provide signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- Applicants who do not already receive funding from United Way of Central Florida or GiveWell Community Foundation must provide:
- Fiscal Year Budget
- List of Board Members
- Brief history of the program including services provided and numbers of families served.
3. How to Apply
Application for Round 2 is only available online. To apply, log into the Nonprofit Portal found at www.givecf.org/login or simply to go https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cfgl.
- If your organization has applied for grants through GiveWell Community Foundation previously, DO NOT create a new account. Sign in using the user email and password you used in previous grant application cycles. (If you have forgotten your login, or do not know your login or if your organization has applied previously, please contact the Community Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- GiveWell Community Foundation portal before, please create a new account providing the necessary information as prompted.
- Once you are logged in, Click Apply on the top menu bar. Then click the blue Apply button on
the right of the United Community Relief Fund Grant to access the application.
- You will be prompted when specific documents need to be included or uploaded. There are
sections where you can either upload the document, manually type information, or cut and paste the text into a text area.
- You may “Save” your application until you are ready to submit. Please hit “Save” before closing
the browser. Make sure your application is COMPLETE before submitting. Once you submit the application you will not be able to make additional changes.
- Application is open July 24 – August 3, 2020
- Final Application is due by midnight on Monday, August 3, 2020
- Funds may be requested for up to $15,000.00. Due to limited funding, the UCRF Committee reserves the right to award partial funding.
- The United Way of Central Florida will notify organizations of awards as funding decisions are made.
- Grant awards will be sent by UWCF via ACH (electronic payment). Awardees will be required to send information to receive an ACH deposit. In the interest in expediting this grant, no checks will be made.
UWCF and GWCF will not place prioritization on already existing partnerships.
4. Reporting Requirements
If funded, a final report must be submitted online on the same portal you submitted your application. Reporting requirements include:
- How were grant funds utilized?
- Population served?
- Number served?
- Community Impact?
Projects funded must display acknowledgement (provided in award letter) on materials supporting the funded project.
Grantees are encouraged to collaborate with each other throughout this crisis to expand services for a greater community impact and reflect this collaboration in final report.
Questions may be sent to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the United Community Relief Fund
To aid community organizations facing an unprecedented demand on resources, GiveWell Community Foundation and United Way of Central Florida partnered to establish the United Community Relief Fund. So far, more than $300,000 has been granted to 34 local nonprofits providing COVID-19 relief to throughout Polk, Hardee, and Highlands counties.
To learn more and donate to the United Community Relief Fund, visit unitedcommunityrelief.org. GiveWell Community Foundation fundholders may recommend a grant from their donor-advised fund using our Donor Portal.