What community needs do you see?
GiveWell Community Foundation and United Way of Central Florida are conducting a survey of community needs in Polk, Hardee, and Highlands counties. The survey is designed to gather residents’ opinions on a variety of critical issues (e.g., education, economy, employment opportunities, infrastructure, quality of life, and transportation). Your feedback and insights will help inform strategies to address potential county needs. The data received from this survey is meant for internal use only and will only be shared with QQ Consulting, the research consultants who will be compiling data and helping produce the needs assessment. The information you submit will be collected anonymously, and we welcome your honest feedback.
Update on May 10, 2022:
From February to May 2022, an online survey collected feedback from more than 3,700 residents on a variety of critical issues. Their insights will help inform strategies to address potential county needs. The United Community Needs Assessment final report is scheduled to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2022. Stay tuned for additional updates throughout the year.
How can you help?
We are seeking partners to support with the administration of the United Community Needs Assessment. There are several ways you or your organization can assist with survey administration:
- Email the survey link and/or QR code (matrix barcode) to residents in your database.
- Post a link to the survey on your organization’s social media pages, website, or publications.
- Your organization can open its doors to the community and serve as a site for residents to complete the survey. Organizations with computers, laptops, or other mobile devices can make them available at their location.
- Provide your clients with an opportunity to complete the survey before or after receiving services.
- Provide your employees with access to the survey and time to complete it during their work hours.
- Canvas the community, especially areas where residents may not have access to the internet or need assistance with reading the survey. Community canvas volunteers can assist residents with completing the survey. These volunteers will be provided with a tablet that will support online and offline survey completion.
- Most important, encourage residents to take the survey. Their opinions matter!
Promotional resources are available below. If you have any questions or need other file types, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.