LAKELAND, FL (June 17, 2020) – GiveWell Community Foundation announces its 2020-2021 board of directors and officers, including three incoming and two outgoing board members.
On July 1, 2020, GWCF welcomes three incoming board members:
- Jeff Chamberlain recently retired from Publix Super Market after a 47-year career with supermarket chain. Jeff was a senior vice president with responsibility over real estate and facilities and served on numerous teams including the CEO’s Coaches Team, the Strategy Management Team and the Innovation Council, to name a few. A resident of Lakeland, Jeff is active in the community and recently completed a term as chair of the Lakeland Economic Development Council.
- Ginny Harris, CPA owns her own accounting practice. She has worked in public accounting since 1989. Ginny has a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Troy State and a Master of Business Administration from Florida Southern College. Ginny also served in the United States Air Force for 12 years. She has been a member of the Lakeland Rotary Club for over 20 years.
- Jason Rodda is CEO and President of Rodda Construction. Jason received a Bachelor of Business Administration from Florida Southern College and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Florida. He serves on the Board of Trustees of Florida Southern College, the Board of Directors of the Lakeland Area Chamber of Commerce, and is an elder at First Presbyterian Church. Jason is a graduate of Leadership Lakeland Class XXVIII, Leadership Polk Class V, and Connect Florida Class III.
The incoming members were approved unanimously by the board of directors at their final meeting of the 2019-2020 fiscal year on May 19, 2020. Two retiring board members were recognized for their outstanding service to the foundation. Suzie Moraco, Immediate Past Chair, and Ed Grossman, Audit Committee Chair, have both reached their term limits and will exit the board on July 1.
“Ed and Suzie have made tremendous contributions to this great organization, and we thank them for their efforts over the years,” said President and CEO, John Attaway. “While I am sad to see them go, I am also excited about the potential the incoming board members will bring to the community foundation.”
At its May 19 meeting, the board of directors also approved a new slate of officers for the 2020-2021 fiscal year:
- Jack Hollis – Chairman of the Board
- Jay Gray – Vice Chairman of the Board
- Wesley Barnett – Treasurer
- Anne Furr – Secretary
- Jeffrey Cox, Sr. – Immediate Past Chair
- John Attaway – President/CEO
- Lori Martini – Vice President
The board of directors is the governing body for the GiveWell Community Foundation. Learn more about our board of directors here.